Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner in 20 minutes!

Earlier this week I took some chicken breasts out of the freezer to thaw and one of them was so big I was able to cut it half and we each still had a piece of chicken that was plenty big enough to eat.  Since the other breast was thawed and also a decent size I cubed it and marinated it overnight.

I put the chicken (and all of the excess marinade) in a skillet and heated on medium for about 10 minutes until all of the chicken was cooked through. Once that was done I added a 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup of frozen veggies, turned the heat to low and cooked for another 10 minutes.  Simultaneously I cooked 1 cup of rice which I seasoned with some garlic, pepper and a little chilli powder (we both really like garlic and spicy foods so you may want to alter this to your taste and also to compliment the marinade)  Once everything was done I put the chicken and veggies on top of the rice and voila! Easy dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment