Thursday, September 8, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Stromboli

Sorry I didn't take any pictures of this meal, I dove right into when I got home and totally forgot.  Last night we had a "left over" dish.  When I made my Buffalo Chick Jalapeno Poppers I actually used 3 cans of chunked chicken so we had a good amount left.

To make a buffalo chicken stromboli I needed crust, so I made this crust that does not use yeast.  I'm not going to lie, I have NEVER made anything that requires yeast and rising.  When I see recipes that require yeast I normally look the other way because it just seems too time consuming for me.  Maybe someday I will change my mind.

Crust:  2 cups flour
           1 tsp. salt
           2 tsp. baking powder
           2/3 cup water

I actually doubled this recipe to make a stromboli for each us.  You combine all of the ingredients and knead them for about two minutes.  I spread a little olive oil over the crust to prevent the sauce from seeping into the crust, then I put some Ranch dressing and hot sauce on, followed by the buffalo chicken and cheese mixture.
Bake at 425* for 20 minutes.

This dinner had some of my favorite components:  easy, quick and inexpensive!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment