Friday, November 16, 2012

Re-Purposing Bath and Body Works Candles

The three wick candles from Bath and Body Works are to die for! They have the best scents and have so much throw, I can't believe it. They're a little pricy, normally $19.50, but I always buy them during one of their 2/$20 sales and pair it with a coupon. Bath and Body Works always seems to have some sort of coupon floating around out there. The containers are also multipurpose so I don't feel so bad about this little splurge. Here's how my bathroom medicine cupboard now looks with these containers.
They're really easy to get to this point too!

Once your candle has completely burned down and the wax is dry put it into the freezer for two hours. When you take it out push a butter knife down into the wax to break it apart. The small metal pieces that held the wick should come up too, but if they don't just wiggle your butter knife under them to loosen them up.

Once you get all the wax out run HOT water into the containers, clean them out with soap and a sponge. After a minute or so of the hot water running the labels on the bottom and front will peel right off.

Fill them up with small trinkets and take a step closer to getting a room organized!

What re-purposing projects have you completed lately?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Billie, I didn't know that about putting them in the freezer! What a clever girl you are. I have some candles in jars....not those kind and oh how I LOVE those...that I have been saving until I could figure out how to remove the wax completely without breaking the jar so thank you so much! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Billie! I'm so glad I found it!
    I can't wait to try out some of your recipes--they all look so great!
    You have a new follower:)

    ~Fannie
    fwterrell.blogspot.com

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies and welcome Fannie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popped over from Deb's--great idea and they look great!

    M :)

    ReplyDelete